Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Admission

Being convent educated all through my school days..........my hope to go to a college where boys & girls mingled and had loads of fun....like they show in the movies.....were dashed to the ground when I was given ONLY, all Girls Colleges application forms to be filled in. Believe me....it’s true. I didn’t have much say as I only wanted to study in Delhi University........and being sent away to a Girl’s College was last of my worries.

Miranda House was to be..........where I would be for the next 3 years. I got the subject that I wanted to study....no, it was more like, the subject I was asked to major in....in the first go....my name was there in the First List selected from all the Applicants who had applied....again my name was in the First List for a Hostel Seat! I shudder to think what it would have been if my name was not there in the First List! Probably, gone back to Agra, the city where my father was currently stationed. The College Principal turned out to be the wife of Dad’s former instructor/colleague in the Air Force and this clinched it further as the right college... and thus finally, I got enrolled into Miranda House College.

No comments: