Friday, October 12, 2007

My First Social - IIT

We got an Invite from the IITians........for a Social!

We are allowed one social each year and for us Hostellers this was an event to look forward to. Had never attended such dos.........having studied in all girls convent schools. My friends and I decided to go. We were real excited. There was the usual flurry......what to wear....what to wear..........the perennial question for us girls! The makeup had to be right too!

Come the day....evening to be precise......the Boys came to pick us up........a couple of them on a hired bus to take us to their lair........hee-hee-hee........I mean, to their hostel! The rest of the girls who were not going, all came out to see us off.....wishing us luck & to enjoy ourselves while some to see what we were wearing!

Reaching IIT and the venue where the Party was.........I was pretty apprehensive....I guess the other girls must have been sailing in the same boat......maybe the Boys felt the same. The place was quite nicely decorated and there was music playing too. The girls & the boys eyed each other and sized one another up......the boys trying to muster up the courage to ask one of us to a dance and the girls hoping it would be a cute one who does!

A tall handsome guy came to ask me for a dance. He turned out to be the Cultural Secretary. He was a real decent guy and we stuck together for the rest of the evening. Every now and then he would go off to attend to something........but then he made sure I was comfortable. He was a thorough gentleman.

The dinner was wonderful..........the evening was a success........and before the clock struck 12.00pm.........we were dropped back to our hostel.

My First Social........was a wonderful experience!

No comments: